Why Spay and Neuter Surgeries are Essential for Pets in Cincinnati, OH
At All Creatures Animal Hospital, we’re passionate about making life better for people and their pets. One of the important ways we do this is by providing spay and neuter surgeries for dogs and cats. While it might seem perfectly natural not to spay or neuter, accidents can happen, especially in areas with a considerable stray animal population. In addition to preventing unwanted animal pregnancies, spaying and neutering has the added effect of decreasing crowding in shelters, which so often become overwhelmed. There’s also the benefits your pet can experience from a health perspective, and we’ll cover those in just a moment.
Need to discuss spaying/neutering your puppy or kitten?
How Spaying/Neutering Benefits Your Pet’s Health
Spay and neuter procedures help individual pets as well as the greater animal population in the region. Here are some of the ways your four-legged family member can personally benefit from their surgery:
- Prevents female dogs and cats from developing ovarian and uterine cancer
- Significantly reduces the risk of mammary gland tumors (breast cancer)
- Reduces the roaming instinct that occurs when a female is in heat, which could put them in harm’s way
- Prevents females from having their heat cycle
- Prevents males from developing testicular cancer
- Reduces the risk of an enlarged prostate
- Reduces the roaming instinct, which can put them in harm’s way
- Limits/prevents aggressiveness
- Lessens or prevents urine spraying and mounting